The Big Picture! How to enjoy your day & get the best pictures!
Choosing the photographer for you can be one of the most important parts to your wedding day! As photos are a really good way to document your day and so much fun to look back on we thought we would put together a few things to keep in mind when deciding how to get the best pictures.
- Choose a photographer that reflects your personalities.There are lots of different styles of photography to choose from; from formal shots to relaxed ones. Try not to over think your photos too much; of course you want to have bridal party and groomsmen, along with family shots to look back on, but you also want your wedding album to tell the story of your day from getting ready and saying your vows to the bits that make you laugh and the bits that make you cry. Choose the person you think will tell your story best. Our suppliers list is a good place to start..
- Plan, plan, plan! In order to enjoy yourselves on your special day, do all the planning beforehand! Have a meeting with your photographer and discuss the types of photo you think you’d like to have, making lists of the different groups of people you would like shots with. At Weddings at Quex, we advise that if your chosen photographer hasn’t visited the venue before, meet here with us, so you can both explore the extensive gardens and surroundings, choosing the best spots for your photos.
- Make the most of the experience. As much as you want to involve your guests in your day; there are some points when you may like to ask them to leave it to the professional. Your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day and you have asked your friends and family there to experience it with you. It may be worth asking your guests to refrain from taking photos throughout the ceremony until they are advised otherwise so you can all enjoy the experience.
- Get everyone involved! You don’t want your guests to feel left out! So to help include them in your special day you could:
- Have disposable cameras on the tables or selfie sticks! - a good way to ensure you get photos of everyone throughout the day.
- Create an Instagram hashtag e.g #SmithsQuexWedding for your wedding day - a great way for all your guests to share their different photos and memories from the day in one place.
- Include a different idea for a guest book - use a polaroid style camera and ask your guests to take a picture of themselves and stick it in the book along with a little message for you. Something different…
- Photographers are now not the only way to capture your day – photo booths are an increasingly popular way to get great fun photos of you and your guests throughout your party.
- There are different types of photo booth from standard and green screen to gif and even DIY photo booths so be sure to look around to get the one that suits you best.
- Wedding videos are another great, less formal, fun way to document your big day! Most videographers will film different parts of your day from different points of view and set it to a track of your choice for you to watch back for years to come. Click here for Facebook Videos
- Marryoke is a really novel way to have fun with your guests and create a different sort of video for you all to look back on and laugh in the future. Each person or group sings a line of the song (of your choosing) which is all put together in one video with the recorded track played over it. You could incorporate this with your DIY photo booth – use props in the video to make it even more fun! This link shows one that was taken at a wedding at Quex Park a few years ago
And that is our top five tips when thinking about photos for your wedding! ....